Forget-Me-Nots

Forget-Me-Nots

Sunday, August 17, 2014

In the Hours at Midnight Chapter 1 part 3

This class was Science not just any science but Astronomy. The shape of the stars, their names, and their lore.  All amazing and fun things to learn, besides, who wouldn’t want to know about the stars for dates and such, the ever present “that’s Orion over there” casually put arm around date, type of thing.

Soon after I took my seat Kael strides into the room to the front of the class introduces himself to the teacher Mrs. Jamie Robinson. A gentle motherly looking type of person with soft brunette curly hair and soft gray eyes that sparkle when she’s talking about something she enjoys. The best of the best some would say when considering romance or just advice in particular. She’s the “favorite teacher” one would say “most supportive” as well. I on the other hand could care for less cause soon as I saw Kael enter the room my world changed for the worse. Once again Kael was sent over to sit next to me. I got the feeling that every class will be like this, Kael introducing himself and ending up next to me. Granted being next to me isn’t hard since the only seat open is next to me.

Mrs. Robinson stood, after introducing Kael which pretty much everyone knew him now, and began class.
“Hello students.” She said cheerfully. “Welcome to Astronomy where stars are mapped out for all to see.” She smiles.

Class continued like that for a while. Since Mrs. Robinson wasn’t too into doing the regular orientation type stuff for her class she began teaching us about the stars.

“This.” She points at a map of the stars outlining a figure. “Is Orion, the most significant and easily found constellation other than the Little Dipper otherwise known as Ursa Minor or Little Bear.”

I took in all the information that Mrs. Robinson said not even bothering to look at Kael or the other students in the class. Watching and listening intensely to her, note taking, as well as making sure to get the assignments handed out. I really enjoyed the class and not a moment too soon the bell rang and off we were again to the next class. This time I walked taking my time when Kael walked up next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment