Forget-Me-Nots

Forget-Me-Nots

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Who Said I was Jeaolous?

I could say that I am not jealous of people who write well... but I am as well as this poem written by a person who obviously is already dead this poem is called Sonnet 18... and it's by William Shakespeare.

Shall I campare thee to a summer's day? A lover pining over someone and comparing them to what he/she thinks is beautiful...

Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:  again comparing to that of a summer's hue and how the time grows short and yet as it continues this poem states that though death shall not brag and that their eternal summer will not fade but that as long as many things last they shall last also.

I wish that I to can write like this and I like the type of speech it's written in maybe sometime later in the future I will be able to create a piece like this at least my jealousy of it shall keep me writing. But until that time comes I shall hope to do my best with my writing.

4 comments:

  1. i learned in english that this poem was written for a man..... it sort of ruined my image of shakespeare after that lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if it was written for a man, you can't deny that he was one of the few men who improved and enhanced the english language... even if he was homo, I still declare him as my favorite poet/playwrit/author or whatever the heck he was. He's briliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well understanding that Shakespeare did write Romeo and Juliet I'm pretty certain he has a good point of view as a girl.... and he did do a lot for the English language.

    ReplyDelete