Forget-Me-Nots

Forget-Me-Nots

Monday, July 2, 2012

Prayers

Everyone has need of prayers. As I look through life I have often felt the prayers of others and now I wonder what prayers have I said for others. I have prayed for many things recently... the health of a friend, the happiness for another. I found a poem that represents much on this subject so I'm just going to leave it here for everyone to enjoy... and if you have anything you feel you have prayed for or have just felt prayers answered in anyway please share. :D I know that I have had many of my prayers answered... anywho here's the poem.

We pray for children
who bring us sticky kisses and a fistful of dandelions,
who sleep with the dog and bury goldfish,
who hug us in a hurry and forget their lunch money,
who cover themselves with band-aids and sing off-key,
who slurp their soup.
And we pray for those
who never get dessert,
who have no safe blanket to drag behind them,
who can't find bread to steal,
who don't have any room to clean up,
whose pictures aren't on anybody's dresser,
whose monsters are real.


No comments:

Post a Comment